While the World's Largest Golf Outing™ (WLGO) is about having a great day of golf with family, friends, and colleagues there are specific Event Rules that we all must abide by to ensure everyone can enjoy the same great experience!
Each Team will compete for the:
- HIGHEST FUNDRAISING TOTAL DAY OF
- LOWEST TEAM SCORE DAY OF
The format for every event will be a four person team, 18 hole or 9 hole (depending on course) scramble. In a scramble competition each golfer tees off on each hole, the best of the tee shots is selected and all golfers play their second shot from that spot. The best of the second shot is determined, then all play their third shot from that spot, and so on until the ball is holed. The team then writes down their score and moves to the next hole.
There will be a shotgun start for each local event. Each event’s date and starting time is published on it's Course Page and will be confirmed with participants by email at least 48 hours in advance of the event. All golfers must personally register on-site at least 60 minutes prior to the start time and must be at the cart staging area at least 15 minutes prior to the start time. Failure to do so may result in a team being assessed a penalty or forfeiting their opportunity to participate.
If there is a tie at the local event the winning team will be decided by a match of cards beginning at the highest handicap hole.
Men, Women, Seniors and Juniors will play from their designated tees determined by each course.
METHOD OF PLAY:
1. Each group will select a Team Captain prior to teeing off.
2. Play begins with each member of the group teeing off.
3. With the agreement of the other members of the group, the Team Captain decides which drive.
4. The other members pick up their balls and proceed to the spot of the selected drive to hit their second shots.
5. The better of the second shots is selected. The group will then hit their third shots from that spot.
6. This cycle continues until the ball is in the hole.
7. At the end of each hole, the score is recorded on the card.
1. In the fairway balls are to be placed within one club length of the original ball, not nearer the hole.
2. In placing the ball, you may not change the condition of the shot. If the ball is in a hazard or rough, all members of the team must play their shot from the hazard or rough, respectively.
3. On the putting green place the ball within 3 inches of the original ball, not nearer the hole.
4. On the putting green, give each person a shot at the first putt. Do not hole out a short putt if you have missed your first putt as the first ball in must count. Mark your ball and wait.
5. If playing as a threesome, one member of the threesome may on a rotational basis hit or putt an extra time to compensate for the fourth person.
6. EACH PLAYER ON THE TEAM MUST CONTRIBUTE AT LEAST THREE DRIVES.
7. The maximum score allowed is 3 over par. After that, simply pick up the balls and move to the next hole.