Fisher House Foundation is best known for a network of 71 comfort
homes where military and veterans’ families can stay at no cost while a loved
one is receiving treatment.
These homes are located near major military hospitals and VA centers, making it convenient for service men and women and their families who are in need of lodging close by. Fisher Houses have up to 21 suites, with private bedrooms and baths. Families share a common kitchen, laundry area, a warm dining room and an inviting living room. Fisher House Foundation ensures that there is never a lodging fee. Since inception, the program has saved military and veterans’ families an estimated $320 million in out of pocket costs for lodging and transportation.
Fisher House Foundation operates the Hero Miles program, which uses donated frequent flyer miles to bring family members to the bedside of injured service members. Fisher House also executes the Hotels for Heroes program, which uses donated hotel points to allow family members to stay at hotels near medical centers at no charge. The Foundation also manages a grant program that supports other military charities and scholarship funds for military children, spouses and children of fallen and disabled veterans.
SINCE 1990, FISHER HOUSE FOUNDATION HAS:
- Served over 307,000 families
- Provided more than 7 million days of free lodging
- Saved families an estimated $320 million in lodging fees
- Provided over 65,000 airline tickets to service members and their families, saving them an estimated $100 million through the Hero Miles program
- Awarded 7,000 students with more than $18 million in scholarships