Event Overview: The World’s Largest Golf Outing (WLGO) is comprised of over 110 golf events; most will be played on the same day and schedule to start at the same time (local). The golf events are open to all amateur golfers of either gender to benefit Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP). The WLGO will be played on Monday August 12th, 2013 via a shotgun start at the time associated with your specific course. The course date and start time is subject to change. Please check your local course for exact event information.
The WLGO is a one day event comprised of a four person team playing an 18 or 9-hole scramble format.
Eligibility and Rules of Golf: The WLGO is open to all amateur golfers. At least two team members must be 18 years of age or over. An official USGA handicap is not required to participate. Employees of Billy Casper Golf and persons working in any capacity at the local events are ineligible for prizes. Participants assume personal responsibility for ensuring that their amateur status under PGA/USGA rules is not adversely affected by participation in these events.
Play is governed by the current USGA Rules of Golf and local rules for each course. Local rules will be provided by each course and will be available on-site upon request. Questions with respect to the rules of golf and scoring will be settled by the on-site course staff presiding over the event, whose decision will be final.
Entries: Participants will enter by logging-on to WorldsLargestGolfOuting.com, completing the registration form, and paying the entry fee. Entry/registration fees and donations are non-refundable. WLGO organizers reserve the right to reject any application that, in its sole discretion, is incomplete, not compliant with the terms and conditions of the WLGO, or is otherwise ineligible. Openings for each local event are limited and will be assigned on a first come, first served basis at the time of reservation.
The Organizer is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or otherwise undeliverable mail, or entries that cannot be processed due to phone, network, electronic or computer hardware or software failure, or technical failures of any kind. Entries must be received by 5pm on the entry deadline date which is two full business days before an event, or before the event fills, whichever date comes first.
Substitutions: Substitutes are permitted for registered team members at the local events. Event organizers must be advised of substitutions no later than 3 hours prior to the event start. If a registered participant must cancel and a substitute cannot be found, that team plays with one less team member and forfeits the entry fee for that player. If playing as a threesome, one member of the threesome may on a rotational basis hit or putt an extra time to compensate for the fourth person. Teams that are competing as threesomes will be responsible for payment of the full four-person entry fees. Teams with only two players will be combined with other teams of two players.
Event Format: The format for all local events will be a four-person team, 18 or 9-hole (depending on the course), scramble competition. In a scramble competition each player tees off on each hole. The best of the tee shots is selected and all players play their second shots from that spot. The better of the second shots is determined, and then all play their third shots from that spot, and so on until the ball is holed.
Each group competes as a team for the LOWEST TEAM SCORE.
METHOD OF PLAY
1. Each group will select a Team Captain prior to teeing off.
2. Play begins with each member of the group teeing off.
3. With the agreement of the other members of the group, the Team Captain decides which drive is the most desirable.
4. The other members of the group pick up their balls and proceed to the spot of the selected drive, where they will hit their second shots.
5. The best of the second shots is then chosen. The group will then hit all their third shots from that spot.
6. This procedure continues until the ball is in the hole.
7. At the end of each hole, the score for the group is recorded on the card.
8. In the fairway balls are to be placed within one club length of the original ball no nearer the hole.
9. On the putting green place the ball within 3 inches of the original ball and not nearer the hole.
10. In placing the ball, you may not change the condition of the shot. If the ball is in a hazard or rough, all members of the team must play their shot from the hazard or rough, respectively.
11. On the putting green, give each person a shot at the first putt. Do not hole out a short putt if you have missed your first putt. The first ball in must count. Mark your ball and wait.
12. If playing as a threesome, one member of the threesome may on a rotational basis hit or putt an extra time to compensate for the fourth person.
13. EACH PLAYER ON THE TEAM MUST CONTRIBUTE AT LEAST THREE DRIVES.
14. The maximum score allowed is 3 over par. After that, simply pick up the balls and move on to the next hole.
There will be a shotgun start for each of the local events. Each local event starting time is published on WorldsLargestGolfOuting.com, and will be confirmed with participants by email at least 48 hours in advance of the event. All players must personally register on-site at least 60 minutes prior to the start time and must be at the starting point at least fifteen minutes prior to the start time. Failure to do so may result in a team forfeiting their opportunity to participate or being assessed a penalty.
If there is a tie at the local event the winning team will be decided by a match of cards beginning at the highest handicap hole.
Men will play from the designated tee, Women will play from the designated tee, and Seniors and Juniors will play from specified tees as determined by each course.
Local event participants will receive:
(1) 18 or 9-hole green fee and shared cart, range (at certain locations), boxed lunch and admission to the awards reception following play.
Local prizes include:
1) Local Fundraising Prize: For each $100 in donations a team receives, it will earn one entry into the local raffle. All donations for the local event drawing must be received by 1pm (local time) on Monday, August 12th, 2013.
2) Team Prizes: The winning team from each local event is the team with the lowest score. One winning team from each local event will be entered into a random prize drawing to be held on Friday, August 30th, 2013. See prizes page for specifics.
Winners of all prizes are personally responsible for all taxes, fees and additional expenses that may be associated with acceptance of their prizes. For details on expenses included in prizes, participants should contact Billy Casper Golf at 8300 Boone Blvd., Suite 350 Vienna, Virginia 22182 c/o WLGO. All prizes are non-transferrable and may not be exchanged for cash or anything else of value. Exclusions and restrictions will apply. Prizes are subject to change.
Event Cancellation & Inclement Weather Policy: Local events will not be rescheduled. Teams registered for local events that are cancelled for any reason will be offered the opportunity the play the course on another day. Donations will not be refunded under any circumstances. If a local event is cancelled one team from that event will be chosen at random to participate in the team prize drawing.
If fewer than 9-holes of a local event can be completed due to inclement weather, or the course is deemed unplayable by the course’s managment, an 18-hole, non-tournament, complimentary round certificate at the course will be issued to teams that were unable to complete 9-holes of golf. Teams completing fewer than 18-holes, but more than 9-holes, will not be compensated.
If play is terminated by the course’s managment, the winning team will be chosen from the lowest team score for the maximum number of holes all teams have completed..
Publicity and Promotion: The Organizer, sponsors, agents, successors, licensees, nominees and assigns of local event may arrange for (a) promotion of the event, for radio and television broadcasting, print, online and other exhibition and publication of the event or excerpts thereof in various media, including so-called "new media" and (b) the design and manufacture of advertising and packaging which commemorates, promotes or memorializes the event throughout the universe in perpetuity. By registering to participate, team members consent to the use by the Organizer, Partners and Sponsors of his/her name, likeness, voice and references to him/her and photographs and other images or video of him/her and his/her play connected with his appearance in the WLGO, or any portion(s) thereof, in connection with such media promotion, broadcasting and other exhibition and publication of the local events. The Organizer, Partners and Sponsors may utilize the rights granted it hereunder in connection with the promotion and/or commemoration of the WLGO, and other WLGO events.
Terms for Submission of Entry
Teams registering to enter these events agree to the Official Rules. All registrants agree that WLGO may use their name, picture, likeness, voice and responses to the questions contained in this registration for advertising and promotional purposes, without compensation. Any and all claims, judgments and awards from actions arising from this event shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the WLGO. Attorney’s fees will not be awarded or reimbursed. Players are responsible for all costs associated with playing in the events unless where stipulated.
By entering this Tournament, I agree to receive emails from The Organizer (WLGO) regarding the event, i.e. tee times, and other tournament updates.
The WLGO 2013 is sponsored by Billy Casper Golf, located at 8300 Boone Blvd., Suite 350 Vienna, Virginia 22182.
Updated: May 2013