Event Format: The format for all local events will be a four-person team, 18 or 9-hole (depending on the course), scramble competition. In a scramble competition each player tees off on each hole. The best of the tee shots is selected and all players play their second shots from that spot. The best of the second shots is determined, then all play their third shots from that spot, and so on until the ball is holed.
Each group competes as a team for the LOWEST TEAM SCORE.
METHOD OF PLAY
1. Each group will select a Team Captain prior to teeing off.
2. Play begins with each member of the group teeing off.
3. With the agreement of the other members of the group, the Team Captain decides which drive is the most desirable.
4. The other members of the group pick up their balls and proceed to the spot of the selected drive, where they will hit their second shots.
5. The best of the second shots is then chosen. The group will then hit all their third shots from that spot.
6. This procedure continues until the ball is in the hole.
7. At the end of each hole, the score for the group is recorded on the card.
8. In the fairway balls are to be placed within one club length of the original ball not nearer the hole.
9. On the putting green place the ball within 3 inches of the original ball and not nearer the hole.
10. In placing the ball, you may not change the condition of the shot. If the ball is in a hazard or rough, all members of the team must play their shot from the hazard or rough, respectively.
11. On the putting green, give each person a shot at the first putt. Do not hole out a short putt if you have missed your first putt. The first ball in must count. Mark your ball and wait.
12. If playing as a threesome, one member of the threesome may on a rotational basis hit or putt an extra time to compensate for the fourth person.
13. EACH PLAYER ON THE TEAM MUST CONTRIBUTE AT LEAST THREE DRIVES.
14. The maximum score allowed is 3 over par. After that, simply pick up the balls and move on to the next hole.
There will be a shotgun start for each of the local events. Each local event starting time is published on WorldsLargestGolfOuting.com and will be confirmed with participants by email at least 48 hours in advance of the event. All players must personally register on-site at least 60 minutes prior to the start time and must be at the starting point at least fifteen minutes prior to the start time. Failure to do so may result in a team forfeiting their opportunity to participate or being assessed a penalty.
If there is a tie at the local event the winning team will be decided by a match of cards beginning at the highest handicap hole.
Men will play from the designated tee, Women will play from the designated tee, and Senior and Juniors will play from the specified tees as determined by each course.
Updated: May 2013